Dill Potato Soup with Shrimps
A traditional dill-potato soup with a Mediterranean spin - the Shrimps and Fresh Red Pepper. The soup is savory with fresh dill aftertaste. If you have Diabetes Type 2 then make it with red potatoes because of its lower glycemic index.
The recipe is quick and easy to make. Besides is very delicious and hearty. Try it!
Servings: 4 people
- 300 grams potatoes 3 cups of potatoes but you can mix sweet and red potatoes 50/50 to lower the glycemic index
- 750 ml water 3 cups
- 1 Bay leaf
- 1 clove
- 2 tbsp flour
- 250 grams light sour cream 1 cup
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh dill
- 1 tbs Natural Sea Salt
- 1 tbsp Vinegar or lemon Juice
- 250 grams shrimps
1. Cut the peeled potatoes into cubes and cook in the water. Add bay leaf, garlic clove, salt, and boil.
2. Mix the sour cream with flour, pour into the soup, boil.
3. Add the chopped dill with cooked shrimps.
4. When the soup is no longer so hot, flavor it with vinegar or lemon juice.
5. Lastly, add fresh grounded red pepper.
6. Serve hot with rustic fresh bread or ciabatta.