STEAMED SALMON ROLLS WITH ZUCCHINI
This salmon recipe looks very sophisticated and artistic. You will definitely impress your guests or family. And it has an unforgettable taste. I can describe it as really succulent and very refreshing in the taste of the zucchini which complements the salmon. It will be your perfect appetizer.
Steamed Salmon Rolls with Zucchini is an adaptation of the recipe from one of the magazines here in Granada Saludable Cocina. This is the first time I have learned how to steam fish, and it was straightforward to make. The steaming process is very simple and you only steamed the fish for 5 minutes and is ready to eat. I really enjoy this dish with the mint mayo.
The most challenging part was cutting the long strips of zucchini. Thus, with the right vegetable peeler or mandolin, it is easily manageable. Make sure you cut the zucchini thin (0.5cm) and don’t forget thin-sliced salmon fillets, as well.
Make sure your fish is fresh. Pin it with toothpicks. Steam for 5 minutes. Voila. This recipe looks very sophisticated and artistic. You will definitely impress your guests or family. And it has an unforgettable taste. I can describe it as really succulent and very refreshing in the taste of the zucchini which complements the salmon.
Don’t forget to dip in the mint-dill mayo sauce. The whole recipe takes less than 30 minutes. Enjoy!
You can try other fish recipes on my blog which re easy to make like Cod with Peas or Grilled Fish on the bed of Carrots.
Steamed Salmon Rolls with Zucchini
- 1 fillet salmon
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 tbs fresh mint
- 1 tbs fresh dill
- 1 tbs tabasco
- 200 ml mayo
- sea salt
- fresh pepper
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1. Cut thin pieces of zucchini without peeling with the help of Mandolin.
2. Cut Salmon into thin stripes as well and add salt and pepper
3. Put Salmon strip on each zucchini piece and roll it and each roll pins it with a toothpick.
4. Pour some olive oil on the rolls and steam 4-5 minutes with the closed lid
5. Arrange the rolls on the plate. To eliminate excessive juice from cooking try to sprinkle salt crystals. Then decorate with green onion or fresh mint.