PASTA WITH CHORIZO AND FIGS
Effortless Pasta with chorizo and figs recipe without opening a can. Takes less than 25 minutes to make, involving very little chopping. Easy and super healthy.
The fig season is here, and I have decided to try a little experiment to create another figs recipe. The added artesian chorizo, in combination with figs and fresh tomatoes, is something hard to resist or forget. Last week I have made another recipe from fresh figs you can also try for breakfast.
ARE FRESH FIGS HEALTHY FOR YOU?
This Pasta with Chorizo and Figs Recipe is made of fresh figs, not the dried figs.
Fresh figs contain around 82% water and approximately 12% to 23% sugars. The fruit is also a source of protein, valuable fiber, and omega 6 fatty unsaturated acids. They contain important minerals, calcium, iron, magnesium, potassium, zinc, copper and selenium. Figs are also full of vitamins A, C, E, K, and several B complex vitamins.
Fresh and dried figs have great effects on the human body. Also, they have a beneficial effect on the digestive system. Fig fruits promote digestion, improve emptying, decrease flatulence and keep a clean colon. They can act as a natural laxative, so they are effective in constipation.
Figs have diuretic effects and are suitable for removing excess water from the body. Figs are also helpful in the fight against high cholesterol and high blood pressure. Regular consumption of these tasty fruits can even improve the condition of your skin.
It is a chorizo recipe, as well. The taste is just excellent; you may describe it as sweet and savory with a hint of smoked/spicy flavor. It is truly irresistible.
The sauce takes only a few minutes and is served on the bed of fresh pasta.
WHAT DO YOU NEED?
For this simple pasta recipe, you will need fresh fettuccine pasta, fresh figs, garlic, red onion, and smoked chorizo.
What do you do next:
· First, chop everything that needs to be chopped.
· I slice only the fresh figs and then sauté all the sauce ingredients, adding the fresh figs lastly.
· Sauté for 2-3 minutes and then serve.
· Boil the fettuccine and pour the sauce on top. Garnish with slices of the figs.
Let me know in the comments below how do you use and enjoy eating fresh figs in different recipes.
Pasta with Chorizo with Figs
involving very little chopping. Easy and super healthy.
- 500 grams fettuccine pasta fresh is the best
- 2 pieces chorizo smoked mild
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped romano tomatoes
- 1 medium onion
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ tbs sea salt
- ½ tbs fresh pepper
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 4 fresh figs
- First, sauté chopped chorizo for 3-5 minutes.
- Then add chopped cherry tomatoes and chopped onion.
- In the meantime, boil the pasta as usual. If the pasta is fresh 3 minutes boiling is enough.
- Sauté 4-5 minutes and add fresh sliced figs and cook for 2 minutes more.
- Serve pasta with sauce on the top.