PAN COOKED TUNA STEAK WITH POLENTA
You won’t believe but pan-cooked tuna steak makes a perfect combination with the polenta and sauteed vegetables. It is a very tasty, highly satisfying dinner that is easy on the tummy. You can eat it even late. The taste is unforgettable.
Pan Cooked Tuna Steak with the polenta is made from cornmeal which belongs to the group of complex carbohydrate and it has many health benefits. The combination of the polenta and the Spanish Ratatouille called Pisto Machenga is interesting because it was poor people’s dish and the tuna was only for the wealthier.
However, during the summer, it was a lot cheaper. The tuna steak must be fresh and cooked quickly because it gets spoiled, easily. In 1894 the did not kill the tuna completely so it while fishing but later after it was almost on the kitchen table, so it can last longer.
HOW DO YOU PREPARE PAN-COOKED TUNA STEAK?
First, start with the polenta. Bring the water to a boil in a heavy large saucepan. Add 1 teaspoon of salt. Gradually whisk in the cornmeal.
Reduce the heat to low and cook until the mixture thickens and the mixture is tender, stirring often about 20 minutes. Turn off the heat. Add the butter, and stir until melted.
Clean the peppers, remove the white seeds and filaments and cut them into dice. Peel the onion and garlic and also dice them. Sauté the onion, garlic, and peppers for 5 min in a pan with a bottom of oil; add the tomato, pepper and cook about 5 min. Add red paprika and cook about 5 min more.
Wash and dry the tuna tenderloin on all sides and cover with the olive oil and herbs. In a hot pan with a little oil. Add it to the stew, let it cook all together for 1 min, remove it and cut it into not very thick slices.
Spread it on the plates, sending a rectangular rectangle volume, put the tuna slices on top and add stew vegetables around the polenta and add some sauteed veggies on the fish, too. Garnish with the parsley.
Always undercooked THE FISH we should never pass them cooking, but the tuna in particular not only should not overcook it but it has to be very little done, pinkish inside. Therefore, the BEST thing is to cook it in a whole piece, without leaving, to mark it well on the outside without overcooking.
You can try my Grilled Fish on the Bed of Carrots, next time.
Pan cooked tuna steak with polenta
- 1 ½ pound tuna steak 600 g
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp fresh pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 2 tsp allspice
- 2 tsp red pepper
- 3 cups yellow cornmeal coarse 440 g
- 3 tbsp butter
- 6 cups water 1.5 liter
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 red pepper
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp red paprika
- Bring 1.5L of water to a boil in a heavy large saucepan
- Prepare the herbs to marinade tuna by combining all the tuna marinade ingredients and then generously smear it all over the tuna steaks
- Chop all the vegetables
- Sautee the vegetables for a few minutes and add the red paprika, salt, pepper.
- when the water is boiling, add 2 teaspoons of salt. Gradually whisk in the cornmeal.Reduce the heat to low and cook until the mixture thickens and the cornmeal is tender, stirring frequently about 15 minutes. Turn off the heat. Add the butter, and stir until melted.
- After the polenta and veggies are done sear the marinated steaks for 1 minute on each side on a very hot pan with a little bit of oil.
- Spread it on the plates, sending a rectangular rectangle volume, put the tuna slices on top and add stew vegetables around the polenta and add some sauteed veggies on the fish, too.