MEDITERRANEAN BEEF STEW
Mediterranean Beef Stew creates a sweet and sour flavor that makes the tender beef tastier. It melts in your mouth, delivering an unforgettable experience. If you are a true foody, try this recipe.
I am a big fan of beef stew because you stick everything into one pan, and you get the best flavors ever without doing much. You just add the magic of stewing juices and the beef and apricots come together.
Dried fruits such as apricots and raisins may be found in Mediterranean cuisine and they are usually used in hot dishes, yogurts, or salads. You can find them in the grocery stores or in health shops where they may be cheaper.
Nuts are also often used in Mediterranean cooking. But if you want to buy nuts, buy a few because they lose flavor after a while. I recommend buying them in health stores to get the best quality for the price.
Another spice-The AllSpice adds warm flavor to casseroles.
The Cardamom adds exotic, unique flavor and aroma to your dish.
Saffron is a little bit expensive but gives deep nutty taste and color to your food. Before adding it to a dish, soak the strands in water and then add to the dish.
Peppercorns are best when they’re black.
Cinnamon used for this recipe: the stick. It gives so much flavor.
You will only need one frying pan for searing the beef and veggies and one for baking.
WHAT DO YOU NEED FOR MEDITERRANEAN BEEF STEW?
The key step for this recipe is to ensure that your beef stays tender. Thus, cook the meat for 75 minutes. Apricots stay juicy if added in the last 20 minutes before the baking time is up.
For the side dish use my recipe Saffron Rice.
Mediterranean Beef Stew
- 500 g beef cubed 2 cups
- 1 large green pepper sliced
- 1 cup white wine
- 500 ml beef stock 2 cups
- 100 g dry apricots 4 oz
- 1 cup mushrooms mixed
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp saffron
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 tsp cardamon
- 1 tsp allspice
- ½ cup raisins 65 g
- ½ cup pecans 65 g
- 1 tsp Natural Sea Salt
- 1 tsp Fresh Black Fresh Pepper
- Preheat the oven 180/350F.
- Heat the olive oil and sear the beef cubes for a few minutes until all the raw meat is
- Then add all the spices with the flour. Mix with the spoon and then pour beef stock
just to cover the beef. Mix it well with a wooden spoon until the flour is
dissolved in the broth. Right after, pour into a baking pan or Dutch oven.
- Add onions and peppers into the pan with one tablespoon of olive oil and sear it
for 2 minutes.
- Then add the onions with peppers into the baking dish with meat, mix it and bake it
for 55 minutes covered.
- Then add the apricots, raisins, pecans, lemon juice, and mushrooms.
- Return the casserole to the oven for 20 minutes more.
- Super delicious!