DILL POTATO SOUP WITH SHRIMPS
This dill potato soup is a traditional recipe. The added dill gives the soup a very fresh flavor and it is a perfect and easy recipe for a weekday dinner.
This traditional Dill-Potato soup has a little variation- the shrimps. It is very easy and quick to make. As a traditional recipe, this soup is healthy and safe to eat if you have diabetes type 2. Therefore, I recommend using red potatoes because they have a lower GI.
This old recipe was born in Eastern Europe and was thought by my grandmother. I made a Mediterranean spin on the recipe by adding sauteed shrimps with fresh red pepper.
The dill is well known in the Mediterranean Region and around Europe. It is used back for centuries because of its strong flavor as an in various recipes. It is suitable not only for soup, or fish recipes but also as a supplement to milk recipes or salads.
This soup recipe is quick and easy to make. Besides is very delicious and hearty. Especially now in the fall… very warm and soul-satisfying.
The soup has a savory flavor with an aftertaste of fresh dill. After watching the soup disappear from our kitchen in a matter of minutes, I have a feeling your family will love it, too.
The secret ingredient? The dill…and…the red pepper!
Try it with the side dish the Baby lettuce salad.
Dill Potato Soup with Shrimps
The recipe is quick and easy to make. Besides is very delicious and hearty. Try it!
- 300 grams potatoes 3 cups of potatoes but you can mix sweet and red potatoes 50/50 to lower the glycemic index
- 750 ml water 3 cups
- 1 Bay leaf
- 1 clove
- 2 tbsp flour
- 250 grams light sour cream 1 cup
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh dill
- 1 tbs Natural Sea Salt
- 1 tbsp Vinegar or lemon Juice
- 250 grams shrimps
1. Cut the peeled potatoes into cubes and cook in the water. Add bay leaf, garlic clove, salt, and boil.
2. Mix the sour cream with flour, pour into the soup, boil.
3. Add the chopped dill with cooked shrimps.
4. When the soup is no longer so hot, flavor it with vinegar or lemon juice. 5. Lastly, add fresh grounded red pepper.
6. Serve hot with rustic fresh bread or ciabatta.