COCONUT MILK CHIA PUDDING WITH FIGS
This satisfying Mediterranean breakfast recipe is done the night before, and ready in the morning when you open your fridge. This recipe is easy to make. The chia seeds are known to have a low glycemic index.
I really like the Coconut Milk Chia Pudding. I have fallen in love with this simple recipe. The inspiration comes from the food blog Vibrant Plate posted by Kristina. I love reading her blog and the beautiful photos she creates with her husband. However, most of their recipes are vegan and I am a pro-Mediterranean Diet 100 %.
Therefore, I spun the recipe the Mediterranean way and added coconut milk, honey, and Greek yogurt.
This combination creates a smooth delicious heaven. The last secret ingredients to seal all the magic…. Pssst!…
WHAT ARE CHIA SEEDS BENEFITS?
The chia seeds are rich in omega acids and are low glycemic index. Also, chia seeds are good sources of protein. In combination with Greek yogurt and Coconut milk, it creates a full meal breakfast experience.
THE HEALTH BENEFITS OF COCONUT MILK
You can read here about the Coconut milk health benefits. Remember, all in moderation because coconut milk is high in saturated fat.
You can make the coconut milk fresh at home.
Start by grating the white flesh from a brown coconut. Then you soak it in water and strain it to produce a milk-like consistency. I usually use a can of good quality coconut milk.
Or you can use even the coconut milk from the box.
WHICH ARE FIGS HEALTH BENEFITS?
The figs are rich in calcium, magnesium, and cooper. They contain a high level of vitamin A and K. Plus, they are PERFECT for controlling blood sugar levels. The glycemic index of a fig is 60 ( < 55 is low GI). Almost forgot, figs are a good source of fiber, as well.
You can read more here about figs health benefits.
Try it for yourself! It will become your number one breakfast meal! I guarantee.
Coconut Milk Chia Pudding with Figs
- ½ cup coconut milk
- ½ cup Greek yogurt full, whole milk
- ½ tbsp honey Natural
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest orange zest
- ½ cup corn flakes plain (optional)
- 2 fresh figs you can use more
- 2 tbsp nuts pistachio, walnuts, almonds
- The night before, in the small bowl mix chia seeds with the coconut milk and the Greek yogurt. Add honey and lemon or orange zest. Mix it. Cover it and store it in the fridge overnight.
- In the morning take it out of the fridge. First, slice the figs and attach them to the wall of the glass. On the bottom cover 1/3 of corn flakes.
- Add the coconut milk/yogurt with chia to the top and garnish with some nuts. Don't forget the extra sliced figs.